A 'buy me a coffee' button for your content
ko-fi allows you to make extra income from supporters of your content. Create your own button and add it anywhere on the web. Anyone who clicks the link can support you with a coffee. Their small contrubition goes straight into your PayPal account. It's totally free to use.
All you need is a PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, get one here
If possible, it's better to set your paypal account up as a 'business' account. It's free and it allows people without PayPal to pay you.
Get your button code
to create a new button. Just enter your email address and name.
This will generate some code snippets. You choose which one to use, depending on where you want to share your link:
- Direct Link - for sharing a link directly to your ko-fi landing page. This works best on social media posts, such as tweets.
- Button Code - for embedding the ko-fi button onto your site or blog.
- Hyperlink Code - for a simple text link to your ko-fi landing page.
Add the link to your Facebook
1. On Ko-fi.com, create your button and copy the 'Direct Link' snippet.
2. Sign in to your Facebook account, and paste in the link as a part of a status update, and hit 'Post'.
3. Note that facebook statuses can very quickly get pushed down the feed. You could also add the link to your bio.
Feel free to provide feedback or offer any suggestions on how we can improve the free service.
Support and Suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org