Mica became pregnant as fast as she gave birth ! We waited two months after the birth of Mocca and Neo (following the vet recommandations) before sterilizing her. However she was pregnant again ! We are expecting around 5 new kittens ! We'd like to sterelize Mocca and Neo as soon as possible, and their mother as well, so we don't end up with many more kitties.
Cats lovers here !
We are workers of the cultural foundation "Routes of the Olive Tree" in Kalamata, Greece. Sadly there is no refuge for stray cats in Kalamata, and like everywhere else in Greece, the city is full of strays, that are often quite sick, and a huge stress on the ecosystem (birds, batracians, etc).
We decided to take action and have been hosting in our workplace over 30 cats now. We feed them, sterilize them, vaccinate them and pay for any vetinerary fee possible.
However, since we are doing it out of our own salaries, our resources are becoming more and more limited, and our cat community keeps growing.
Estimate of what we often pay for here :
- A large 15 kg packet of croquettes, enough to feed the cats for 10 days, costs: €60 (high quality croquettes)
- A small 5 kg packet of croquettes costs: €20 (for 4 days)
- A portion of cat pâté costs €1
- Eye drops cost €3 (our cats regularly suffer from contagious conjunctivitis, as they all live in the same community)
- Anti-flea medication (individual) costs: €3
- A first full vaccination costs: €40
- A booster vaccination costs €20
- Sterilisation (female) costs: €80
- Castration (male) costs: €70
- A visit to the vet costs €20
- Complete ear care costs: €40
- Complete anti-parasite treatment costs: €35
You like cute cats and you want to involve yourelf in their growth ?
Adopt a cat and follow them through monthly pictures and updates that we will send you !
Behind The Scenes
€10 per month
You'll be able to adopt a cat of the foundation and get exclusive news about him/her. We will provide you with weekly updates and will answer any question you might have about the cat's current situation.